1. Entry ticket to an exhibition ranges from 1p to 31p. You need to provide exact change at
the counter. You have 31p coin. In how many parts will u divide 31p so that u will provide
the exact change required and carry as less coins as possible?
a) 4 b) 5 c) 6 d) 7
Solution: in btech we studied 8 4 2 1 code for binary system in digital logic proceed in that
way for answer it is 16 8 4 2 1 if u add all we will get 31 so 5 coins required
1. Peter and Paul are two friends. The sum of their ages is 35 years. Peter is twice as old as
Paul was when Peter was as old as Paul is now. What is the present age of Peter ?
a) 8 b) 20 c) 16 d) 15
1. 20 men handshake with each other without repetition. What is the total number of
a) 190 b) 210 c) 150 d) 250
2. 10 people ar e there, they are shaking hands together, how many hand shakes possible, if
they are in no pair of cyclic sequence.
a) 45 b) 9 c) 12 d) 10
1. If there are 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers parked in a school located at the heart of the city,
find the number of 4 wheelers parked there if there were 20 two wheelers parked there
a) 48 b) 50 c) 52 d) 64
Solution: Proceed with answer is best in question they will give total no of wheels
2. If there are 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers parked in a school located at the heart of the city,
find the number of 4 wheelers parked there if there were 58 wheels are parked there
a)10 b) 33 c) 22 d) none
1. A man whose age is 45 yrs has 3 sons named John, Jill, jack. He went to a park weekly
twice. He loves his sons ver y much. On a certain day he found the shop keepers selling
different things. An apple cost 1penny, 2chocalate costs 1penny & 3 bananas cost 1 penny.
He has bought equal number of apple, chocolate & banana for each son. If the total amount
he invest is 7 penny then how many he has bought from each piece for his son?
a) 1app, 1cho, 1 banana b)1 app, 2cho,3 banana c)1app, 2cho, 1banana
2. One person had three children. He had 7 pennies. Find the distribution of the fruits among
the three children. A melon costs 1 penny, 2 oranges cost 1 penny and 3 grapes cost 1 penny
a)2 melons, 1 orange, 1 grape b) 2 melons, 2 orange, 1 grape c) 1 melons, 2 orange, 1 grape.
1) The age of the two friends were in the ration of 6:5. If the sum of their ages is 55. Then
after how many years their ratio will become 8:7?
a) 11 b) 7 c) 10 d) 12
Solution: 6x+5x=55, so x=5, put first ratio after substitution is (6*5)/(5*5) and second ratio is
40/35 So difference in numerators 40-30=10 years
2)The age of the two friends were in the ration of 6:5. If the sum of their ages is 66. Then
after how many years their ratio will become 7:6?
a) 11 b) 6 c) 10 d) 12
3) The age of the two friends were in the ration of 2:3. If the sum of their ages is 55. Then
after how many years their ratio will become 4:5?
a) 11 b) 33 c) 22 d) 44
1) A volume of 10936 l water is in a container of sphere. How many semisphere of volume 4l
each will be required to tranfer all the water into the small semispheres?
a) 2812 b) 8231 c) 2734 d) 4222
1) A person ismanufacturing a house. He bought 20 ropes of wire which has a density of 300
Kg/m3. The height of the building to be constructed is 40 m. If the capacity of the current
passed in the wire is 20 A and the voltage capacity is 80 Volts. Then what will be the
opposing force to the current if the wire is used?
a) 2 b) 4 c) 8 d) 1600
Solution: ohms law V=IR, Opposing force of current is resistance, R=v/i
1) A horse chases a pony 2 hours after the pony runs.Horse takes 3 hours to reach the pony.If
the average speed of the horse is 81Kmph.T hen what is the average speed of the pony?
a) 46.4 b) 51 c) 53.4 d) 48.6
Solution: Horse takes 3 hours to cover the distance
Pony takes 3+2 =5 hours to cover the same distance, Velocity=distance/time, distance
travelled by them is equal it is 81*3=243km, speed of pony=243/5=48.6
3) A horse chases a pony 3 hours after the pony runs. Horse takes 4 hours to reach the pony.
If the average speed of the horse is 35 kmph, what is the average speed of the pony
1)The differ ence between two no is 9 and the product of the two is 14.What is the square of
a) 120 b) 130 c) 137 d) 145
Solution: a-b=9, ab=14, (a-b)2=a2+b2-2*a*b
2) The sum of two no is 5 and the product of the two is 14.What is the sum of their squares?
3) The sum of the squares of two no is 12 and their sum is 15.Find the product of the two no?